McKinley STEM Elementary
School Hours - 8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Office Hours - 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
About McKinley STEM Elementary:
- McKinley Elementary is in a quiet neighborhood in the northeast corner of Owatonna on a three-acre lot.
- McKinley is a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) school that allows students' to approach learning from integrating content while emphasizing problem solving and collaboration.
- First built in 1956, the school has been remodeled to include a larger gym, Discovery Lab, a wireless computer lab, and large, comfortable instructional classrooms.
- Two beautiful playgrounds are located on the school grounds; a large ball field and play area sit to the west of the school building.
- Our students have opportunities to participate in leadership opportunities such as Student Council, Safety Patrol, the younger buddy program, and other activities that support music, sports, academics and safety.
- McKinley students can participate in choir, orchestra, and band beginning in fifth grade. We think our music groups are outstanding. All of our children are involved in music concerts throughout the year.
|Student Population - 600 (K-5)
Staff Members - 90
Mascot - Maynard the Monkey
School Colors - Purple & Gold
Opened - 1956
School Boundary - All Owatonna residences east of Cedar Street and north of Mineral Springs Road, as well as open-enrolled elementary STEM students.